Today is the Prince William and Kate Middleton’s one year wedding anniversary. Yes, I know their anniversary doesn’t really affect me at all. But their royal wedding really did shake up the wedding industry. Their engagement and wedding immediately set some instant wedding trends. Here are my top five swoon-worthy trends set by Kate: (We are totally on a first name basis!)
1) Kate’s round sapphire and diamond engagement ring. This ring had belonged to Princess Diana. It was stunning then and now. There is absolutely nothing ordinary about this ring. It absolutely beats a single diamond solitaire ring. (That said I wouldn’t complain if I got the latter.)
2) Doing your own wedding makeup. Knowing that there was going to be a ton of pictures taken of her and kept as part of history, Kate opted to do her own makeup. Kudos to Kate and other brides that have confidence and a steady hand to do your own makeup!
3) Lace sleeves on a wedding gown. A strapless sweet heart neckline is the style that many brides gravitate towards. Adding sleeves totally increases the regal factor.
4) Wearing a tiara fit for a princess. I wasn’t a fan of tiaras before but Kate totally changed my mind. I think she did it just right. Her tiara had a lot of bling but was still understated. It did not overpower her entire look or compete with massive hair. Love!
5) This last trend doesn’t have anything to do with Kate’s wedding appearance, rather her actions. Putting your maid of honor in a stunning dress. Gone are the days were you dress your girlfriends in horrible dresses only to make yourself look good. Kate taught us that when you have confidence, no one can steal the spotlight from you!
Happy One Year Anniversary to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge!
Photo Credits: Daily Mail Online